Animal Relief and Rescue Fellowship was formed in 2001. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. ARRF is dedicated to helping dogs and puppies located in the Washington County, Leland Mississippi area. Specifically, ARRF dedicates its resources to the abandoned and neglected animals at the Leland, MS dog pound.
The organization has a very small group of volunteers. We adopt an average of 160 dogs annually and care for as many as 25 – 30 dogs at a time, either at the shelter or in foster care. We also provide emergency medical care to the wounded and sick animals that are brought in by the animal control worker. YOUR donations help us pay for dog food, medical supplies, and veterinary expenses. (More About Us)
- 2012 Stats: 147 rescued / 7 dogs euthanized 96% rescue rate
- 2013 Stats: 181 rescued / 9 euthanized 95% rescue rate
- 2014 Stats: 196 rescued / 5 euthanized 97% rescue rate
- 2015 Stats: 272 rescued / 2 euthanized >99% rescue rate
- 2016 Stats: 313 rescued / 2 euthanized >99% rescue rate
NOTE: Every dog or puppy that arrives at the ARRF rescue is given a chance at a forever home regardless of breed, injury, or medical condition. Euthanization is only used in cases of severe aggression or in cases where the health or injury of the dog is beyond medical assistance and euthanization is the most humane option.