ARRF is a 501c3 organization and ALL volunteer. 100% of all funding received by our rescue is used to help a homeless dog in need. Donated funding is used to fully vet all dogs and puppies who come under our care. This care includes vaccinations, rabies, spay and neuter procedures, extensive worming, heart worm testing and treating as needed. The average cost for completely vetting a dog/puppy is $250 -$350. If the dog is heart worm positive, the cost will double. 80% of all adult dogs at 12 – 18 months in our region will be heart worm positive without preventative. The City of Leland provides us with some help and assistance in maintaining the physical location of the shelter. Funding is always desperately needed to continue the work of our organization.
As little as $5.00 can help us begin the process of vetting a dog or puppy.
Checks: Please mail to PO Box 66, Leland, MS 38756. 662-820-4442.
The following items on our supply list are always needed. Contact us at 662-820-4442 if you would like to donate any supplies on the list:
- Gallon of Chlorox
- Small fleece blankets
- Puppy Chow (Purina brand if possible)
- Snap On Collars –Small, Medium, Large, XLarge in any color EXCEPT BLACK (No buckle collars please)
- Laundry detergent or dish washing detergent
- Paper towels
- Terry cloth towels—large and medium sizes
- Chew treats
- Large non-tip food bowls
- Metal water pails with handles
ITEMS WE DO NOT NEED OR CANNOT USE:
- Bed sheets or any other material. Terry cloth or fleece material ONLY
- Dog bedding or stuffed dog beds – all beds and bedding MUST be able to be bleached, disinfected, and completely dried.
- Squeaky toys—the dogs tear them apart and often swallow things they should not
- Black collars or collars with buckles – Snap on collars ONLY!
- No plastic bowls of any size—Large metal bowls only!
Please remember that we are committed to keeping the shelter clean and free of disease as we improve the health of the dogs and puppies.