ARRF is a 501c3 organization and ALL volunteer. Our funding comes from donations, memberships, fundraisers, grants, and a small amount from the City of Leland. 100% of the donations are used to help these homeless animals in need. Donated funding is used to fully vet all dogs and puppies who come under our care. This care includes food, all vaccinations, spay/neuters, spay and neuter procedures, extensive worming, heart worm testing and treating as needed. The average cost for completely vetting all but very young puppies can be $250 – $350. If the dog is heart worm positive, the cost will double. 75 – 80% of all adult dogs, ages 1 year old and up, that come into the shelter have heartworm disease and require treatment. Funding is always desperately needed to continue the work of our organization.
As little as $5.00 can help us begin the process of vetting a dog or puppy.
If you would like to designate where you would like your donation to go, please specify either “Operational” for animal care or “Building Fund” for the building of the shelter. If you have no preference, your gift will be used where most needed. You may rest assured that 100% of your gift will go directly for the benefit of the animals.
Checks: Please mail to PO Box 66, Leland, MS 38756
The following items on our supply list are always needed. Contact us at 662-379-3797 or 662-347-5573 if you would like to donate any supplies on the list:
- Gallon of Chlorox
- Small fleece blankets
- Puppy Chow (Purina brand if possible)
- Snap On Collars –Small, Medium, Large, XLarge in any color EXCEPT BLACK (No buckle collars please)
- Laundry detergent or dish washing detergent
- Paper towels
- Terry cloth towels—large and medium sizes
- Chew treats
- Large non-tip food bowls
- Metal water pails with handles
ITEMS WE DO NOT NEED OR CANNOT USE:
- Bed sheets or any other material. Terry cloth or fleece material ONLY
- Dog bedding or stuffed dog beds – all beds and bedding MUST be able to be bleached, disinfected, and completely dried.
- Squeaky toys—the dogs tear them apart and often swallow things they should not
- Black collars or collars with buckles – Snap on collars ONLY!
- No plastic bowls of any size—Large metal bowls only!
Please remember that we are committed to keeping the shelter clean and free of disease as we improve the health of the dogs and puppies.